2605 Blue Ridge Road, Suite 100 Raleigh, NC 27607(919) 881-9009

Carolina Kids Community Resources

Please explore the following links for helpful community resources to help you meet your child’s specific healthcare needs:

Community Dentists for Children: 

Wake Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry:
(919) 999-3200

Dr. Kindrachuk & Gilchrist:
(919) 847-5437

Capital City Pediatric Dentistry:
(919) 782-9560

Laree Johnson:
(919) 570-0180

Midtown Pediatric Dentistry:
(919) 803-1595

Dr. Moray, Davis & Associates:
(919) 782-9588

Breastfeeding Support:

You can schedule a lactation consultation with our certified lactation consultant, Sue Glaesner, at Carolina Kids by contacting our office. You may also contact the following lactation consultants in our community:

Kim Abshire
(919) 971-8937
[email protected]

Rex Hospital
(919) 784-3224

Chatham Lactation Services
(919) 423-8943

Postpartum Depression Support:

Always contact your obstetrician if you feel you may be suffering from postpartum depression.

For a short questionnaire to help you decide if you may be suffering from postpartum depression, go to:

For local postpartum depression support groups, please call (919) 454-6946.

Developmental Concerns:

Children’s Developmental Services Agency: 
For children age 0-3 with special developmental needs (including speech, occupational, or physical therapy), visit this site and scroll down to find your local CDSA Office. CDSA is a service of the public school system, and will provide you with a free, comprehensive developmental evaluation and access to early intervention services.

Wake County CDSA: (919) 662-4600 Ext. 239

Wake County Preschool Services:
For children age 3-5 with special developmental needs who live in Wake County, contact Wake County Preschool Services for a free, comprehensive evaluation for special educational needs (http://www.wcpss.net/Page/4310):

Phone: (919) 431-7700
Email: [email protected]

Project Enlightenment:
For guidance regarding toddler and preschool behavioral concerns, contact Wake County Project Enlightenment. Services include daycare and preschool behavioral consultation, developmental screening, parent behavioral workshops, and individual parent behavioral counseling:

(919) 856-7774

For community resources for children and adolescents with autistic spectrum disorder, contact:

University of North Carolina TEACCH Autism Program

North Carolina Autism Society

For information and support for children and adolescents with ADHD, contact:


Weight Problems:
For concerns about your child’s weight and fitness, contact:

WakeMed Energize Program:

Eat Smart, Move More NC:

Mental Health Crisis:
The following community resources are available for urgent mental health crises for children and adolescents. For non-urgent mental health concerns, please contact our office for specific advice, guidance, and referrals.

Holly Hill Response Line
(919) 250-7000

Wake County Crisis and Assessment
107 Sunnybrook Road, Raleigh, NC 27610
(919) 250-1579


Child Nutrition Services:

No Kids Hungry NC


A non profit associated with UNC Public Health.  This organization can help with the application process for after school, summer and free breakfast programs through the school system.

WIC North Carolina


Women Infant's and Children program that provides nutrition assistance for pregnant women, breastfeeding women, and children under the age of five. 

In North Carolina, an applicant must be present at time of application and apply directly to the WIC office administered through the county Health Department of their county's residence. 

They will need proof of identification, proof of income (for all household members with income) and proof of residence.  Details can be found on above website under "how to apply".

Food Bank of North Carolina


This web site can help you locate the closest food bank to your home. This site includes links to Raleigh Food Bank,  Durham Food Bank and Sand Hills Food Bank.

SNAP (Food Stamp Assistance Program)


Federally funded program administered by the State of North Carolina through the Dept. of Health and Human Services. 

No online application or resources.