Well-child visits aren't just important during the first year or two of life but help ensure good health as your children grow. The pediatricians at Carolina Kids Pediatrics in Raleigh, NC, offer a range of services that will help you protect your child's health.
So, what happens at routine checkups in older kids?
Well-child visits include a number of routine screenings in addition to routine measurements of height, weight, body mass index, blood pressure, vital signs. Some additional examples of routine screenings recommended by the AAP and routinely performed in our office include:
- Vision screening beginning at age 1 with new photo-screening technology
- Audiometry (hearing evaluation) annually beginning in the preschool years
- In-office laboratory screening for iron deficiency, cholesterol, lead exposure and more
- Standardized developmental screening for communication skills, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, personal/social skills and autism spectrum disorders
- Fluoride treatment to prevent early tooth decay beginning in infants 6-12 months of age
- Adolescent screening for mood disorders, substance abuse, and sexual health
- Routine immunizations from infancy through college
- Opportunities to discuss health issues and concerns: During well-child care visits, your Raleigh pediatrician is available for a wide range of other questions about nutrition, school performance, injury prevention, behavior, and many other issues.
Is it time to schedule your child's well-child visit? Call pediatricians at Carolina Kids Pediatrics in Raleigh, NC, at (919) 881-9009 to make an appointment.