Coronavirus Pandemic Updates:
(1) Sick and Well Appointments: We continue to see very few sick kids thanks to social distancing. We are scheduling patients so that ALL well visits are scheduled between 10:00 am and 4:30 pm. NO sick visits (except for emergencies) will be scheduled during this time and ALL well visits will take place in rooms that are not used for any sick patients. The office is thoroughly cleaned between sick hours and well hours. Entrance and exit from the clinic for sick and well visits will continue to occur by separate routes. We clean rooms frequently between patients, and we use personal protective equipment.
(2) Face masks: We ask that adults and older children wear cloth face coverings or face masks while in our office. Children under 3 years of age should not wear face masks.
(3) Telemedicine: We are offering telemedicine consultations for certain conditions. One of our Carolina Kids Pediatrics doctors will perform all of our telemedicine visits. Click the "Now Offering Virtual Telemedicine" link right under our listed office hours in the blue space above for information on registering and video tutorials.
(4) Modified hours: During the pandemic, we will have modified office hours from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm on weekdays, as well as weekend hours starting at 9 am. On weekdays, please contact our office before 5 pm if your child needs an appointment. On weekends, please contact our office before 11 am if your child needs an appointment. Due to the extremely low numbers of sick kids who need to be seen right now, we are occasionally closing early on weekends.
(5) Prenatal classes: We plan to restart small group prenatal classes in late May with appropriate social distancing measures in place. Please wear a cloth face covering when attending prenatal classes. You still have the option of scheduling individual prenatal consultation or "virtual" prenatal consultations via telemedicine also.
(5) Testing: All kids with fever, cough or other significant signs of illness should be isolated from the public for at least 7 days from symptom onset and at least 3 days after improvement of symptoms. If we believe testing for CoVID-19 is needed, we can do this at Carolina Kids. Results usually are available in 24-48 hours. We do not recommend routine use of CoVID-19 antibody testing in children at this time.
(6) Family members: Whenever possible, we request that only one adult and no siblings accompany children to their appointments at Carolina Kids Pediatrics.
***Check our FACEBOOK page and this site frequently for updates. THANK YOU for your patience and understanding! ***
Reliable Sources for CoVID-19 Updates:
(1) North Carolina:
(2) CoVID-19 and Children:
-last updated 5/21/2020
To help you get acquainted with our practice, we have provided the important information you need on our website. Please browse these pages to learn more about our pediatricians, our services, our philosophy, office hours, contact information, prenatal class information and patient forms. You may also use this website to access your child’s medical information and clinical visit summaries via our patient portal. Links from this site can provide you with expert and up to date medical advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics and other professional organizations.
When you call Carolina Kids during our office hours, we pledge that you will always speak with one of our professional and courteous staff members from the moment you finish dialing – no automated phone trees. When you call Carolina Kids after office hours, you will always receive a rapid and professional response from one of our pediatricians or a pediatric nurse. So please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns!
Meet our friendly, experienced Carolina Kids pediatricians and staff! All our pediatricians are fellows of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and maintain the highest level of accreditation in pediatrics. We pride ourselves in being an exceptional clinic where children come first, and where physicians still take the time to treat every child with the individual attention with which we would want our own children to be treated.
Direct Provider After-Hours Access
We are pleased to provide you with direct access to our on-call physician when the office is closed. In order to reach our on-call physician when the office is closed, just call our main office number at (919) 881-9009. You will be able to access our on-call physician directly after hours. Please use this service for urgent medical concerns that you believe should not wait until routine office hours. You should expect to be able to speak directly with the on-call physician within 30 minutes or less of your call. In general, please use our patient portal or call during office hours for non-urgent concerns, including non-urgent prescription refills or administrative/scheduling questions. Through our patient portal, you may also send a message to your child's physician through direct messaging. Patient portal messaging is designed for non-urgent or chronic health concerns, and you may expect an electronic response from your child's physician within 24 hours. For any true medical emergencies, please call 911.
Major Pediatric Topics Include: