Coronavirus Pandemic Updates:
(1) We have suspended the sick walk-in hour during the morning, and will see all sick patients by appointment. We are rescheduling patients so that ALL well visits are scheduled between 12:30 pm and 4 pm. NO sick visits (except for emergencies) will be scheduled during this time and ALL well visits will take place in rooms that are not used for any sick patients. Our lunch hour has been moved to 11:30 - 12:30 pm to facilitate this new schedule. During this hour, our phone message system will direct you to our on-call physician for any urgent needs. Entrance and exit from the clinic for sick and well visits will continue to occur by separate routes. We clean rooms frequently between patients, and we use personal protective equipment.
(2) Telemedicine: We are offering telemedicine consultations for certain conditions. One of our Carolina Kids Pediatrics doctors will perform ALL of our telemedicine visits, but we use the technology of an off-site vendor. Our vendor for telemedicine will be Anytime Pediatrics. You can download the Anytime Pediatrics app from your mobile device's app store for free. If you are using a computer, go to portal.anytimepediatrics.com to connect. Our practice code is 9009. We have posted a Facebook blog with more details on how telemedicine will work at Carolina Kids Pediatrics. You will need to call us during office hours to schedule a telemedicine appointment. Please REGISTER on Anytime Pediatrics before you schedule a telemedicine visit. Please do not request a visit on the Anytime Pediatrics app without contacting us by phone.
(3) As of this time, we have seen no patients who have tested positive for CoVID-19 in our office.
(4) We will continue regular office hours from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, as well as regular weekend hours. Please contact our office before 5 pm if your child needs an appointment. Extended hours will be replaced with telemedicine options at this time.
(5) In order to minimize group gatherings, group prenatal classes are cancelled for the time being. If you are signed up for a prenatal class during this pandemic, we will contact you within 1 week prior to your scheduled class to discuss alternate ways of meeting with us (individually in person, by phone, or by telemedicine).
(6) Carolina Kids Pediatrics is currently seeing extremely few sick children (much fever than typical) due to social distancing measures. However, patients with fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms will be escorted to an isolation room immediately by a staff member. Please be assured that our isolation rooms will be cleaned thoroughly after each patient. If you believe your child may have been exposed to CoVID-19 or has fever with cough or increased work of breathing, please call our office before coming in so we can best advise you on how to proceed.
(7) Remember that CoVID-19 testing does not significantly affect treatment of sick children, although it is important for public health officials to determine how rapidly disease is spreading. All kids with fever and cough or other respiratory symptoms should be isolated from the general public and high-risk individuals (over 60 years old, or chronic health problems) for at least 7 days from symptom onset and at least 3 days after improvement of fever and respiratory symptoms. If we believe testing for CoVID-19 is needed, we do have limited testing capabilities available. Results take several days.
(8) Whenever possible, we request that only one adult and no siblings accompany children to their appointments at Carolina Kids Pediatrics.
***Check our FACEBOOK page and this site frequently for updates on this rapidly developing situation. THANK YOU for your patience and understanding! ***
Reliable Sources for CoVID-19 Updates:
(1) North Carolina:
(2) CoVID-19 and Children:
-last updated 3/27/2020 at 11 am
To help you get acquainted with our practice, we have provided the important information you need on our website. Please browse these pages to learn more about our pediatricians, our services, our philosophy, office hours, contact information, prenatal class information and patient forms. You may also use this website to access your child’s medical information and clinical visit summaries via our patient portal. Links from this site can provide you with expert and up to date medical advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics and other professional organizations.
When you call Carolina Kids during our office hours, we pledge that you will always speak with one of our professional and courteous staff members from the moment you finish dialing – no automated phone trees. When you call Carolina Kids after office hours, you will always receive a rapid and professional response from one of our pediatricians or a pediatric nurse. So please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns!
Meet our friendly, experienced Carolina Kids pediatricians and staff! All our pediatricians are fellows of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and maintain the highest level of accreditation in pediatrics. We pride ourselves in being an exceptional clinic where children come first, and where physicians still take the time to treat every child with the individual attention with which we would want our own children to be treated.
Direct Provider After-Hours Access
We are pleased to provide you with direct access to our on-call physician when the office is closed. In order to reach our on-call physician when the office is closed, just call our main office number at (919) 881-9009. You will be able to access our on-call physician directly after hours. Please use this service for urgent medical concerns that you believe should not wait until routine office hours. You should expect to be able to speak directly with the on-call physician within 30 minutes or less of your call. In general, please use our patient portal or call during office hours for non-urgent concerns, including non-urgent prescription refills or administrative/scheduling questions. Through our patient portal, you may also send a message to your child's physician through direct messaging. Patient portal messaging is designed for non-urgent or chronic health concerns, and you may expect an electronic response from your child's physician within 24 hours. For any true medical emergencies, please call 911.
Major Pediatric Topics Include: