Remaining Flu Vaccine Clinics for
October & November:
The remaining flu clinics currently scheduled for October & November are:
Tuesday, October 13: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday, October 14: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday, October 15: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday, October 21: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday, October 22: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Friday, October 23: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Monday, October 26: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday, October 27: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday, October 28: 9:30 am - 12 pm
Friday, October 30: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Monday, November 2: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday, November 4: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Friday, November 6: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Monday, November 9: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday, November 11: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Friday, November 13: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Monday, November 16: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Friday, November 20: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday, November 25: 9:30 am - 4 pm
Monday, November 30: 9:30 am - 4 pm
You can either self-schedule your child's flu vaccine through the patient portal or call our office to schedule. If you are self-scheduling your flu vaccine through the patient portal, please review the section on "Curbside Check-in" procedures carefully. If you are scheduling more than one child for a flu vaccine at the same time, please call our office (the portal will only allow you to schedule one child per appointment slot).
Due to the pandemic, we are ONLY offering flu vaccine clinic appointments during our well hours between 9:30 am and 4 pm on weekdays. During these times, no sick visits are seen in our office. We will administer flu vaccines in our waiting room just inside our front door or other "well only" areas of our office. We have scheduled longer flu clinic appointment times to avoid lines and crowding, and allow social distancing. You will be instructed to use our "curbside check-in" procedures so you can wait in your vehicle until we are ready for you. Please remember that everyone 3 years and older is required to wear a mask in our office. Please do not visit our office for a flu vaccine clinic if you or your child have any signs of illness. This year more than ever, please help us protect your family and our community from the spread of influenza this winter. Thank you!
- last updated 10/13/20 at 9 am
Coronavirus Pandemic Updates:
(1) Sick and Well Appointments: We continue to see few sick children thanks to social distancing. We are scheduling patients so that ALL well visits are scheduled between 9:30 am and 4 pm. NO sick visits (except for emergencies) will be scheduled during this time and ALL well visits will take place in rooms that are NOT used for any sick patients. Entrance and exit from the clinic for sick and well visits will continue to occur by separate routes. We clean rooms frequently between patients, and we use personal protective equipment.
(2) Face masks: We require that adults and children 3 years and older wear cloth face coverings or face masks while in our office. Children 2 years old and younger should not wear face masks.
(3) Telemedicine: We are offering telemedicine consultations for certain conditions. One of our Carolina Kids Pediatrics doctors will perform all of our telemedicine visits. Click the "Now Offering Virtual Telemedicine" link right under our listed office hours in the blue space above for information on registering and video tutorials.
(4) Modified sick hours: During the pandemic, we are not offering sick walk-in times in order to avoid congregation in the waiting room. If your child is sick and needs to be seen, please call our office for an appointment. Sick visits will be conducted at the beginning and end of our clinic day, and in rooms not used for well visits. We have added additional HEPA air filtration in these exam rooms. We offer a "curbside check-in" option to avoid waiting at our registration desk.
(5) Prenatal classes: Our prenatal classes have appropriate social distancing measures in place. We are limiting attendance to 10 participants or less. Please wear a cloth face covering when attending prenatal classes, and please do not attend if you are sick. You still have the option of scheduling individual prenatal consultation or "virtual" prenatal consultations via telemedicine also.
(5) Testing: Children with fever, cough or other significant signs of illness who may have possible CoVID-19 should be isolated from the public for at least 10 days from symptom onset and at least one day after improvement of symptoms. If we believe testing for CoVID-19 is needed, we can do this at Carolina Kids. Time before results are available varies based on the number of tests processed by our laboratory partner (Labcorp), but is currently several days. All patients tested should be quarantined at home until results are available. We do not recommend routine use of CoVID-19 antibody testing in children at this time.
(6) Family members: Whenever possible, we request that only one adult and no siblings accompany children to their appointments at Carolina Kids Pediatrics.
***Check our FACEBOOK page and this site frequently for updates. THANK YOU for your patience and understanding! ***
Reliable Sources for CoVID-19 Updates:
(1) North Carolina:
(2) CoVID-19 and Children:
-last updated 8/1/2020
To help you get acquainted with our practice, we have provided the important information you need on our website. Please browse these pages to learn more about our pediatricians, our services, our philosophy, office hours, contact information, prenatal class information and patient forms. You may also use this website to access your child’s medical information and clinical visit summaries via our patient portal. Links from this site can provide you with expert and up to date medical advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics and other professional organizations.
When you call Carolina Kids during our office hours, we pledge that you will always speak with one of our professional and courteous staff members from the moment you finish dialing – no automated phone trees. When you call Carolina Kids after office hours, you will always receive a rapid and professional response from one of our pediatricians or a pediatric nurse. So please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns!
Meet our friendly, experienced Carolina Kids pediatricians and staff! All our pediatricians are fellows of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and maintain the highest level of accreditation in pediatrics. We pride ourselves in being an exceptional clinic where children come first, and where physicians still take the time to treat every child with the individual attention with which we would want our own children to be treated.
Direct Provider After-Hours Access
We are pleased to provide you with direct access to our on-call physician when the office is closed. In order to reach our on-call physician when the office is closed, just call our main office number at (919) 881-9009. You will be able to access our on-call physician directly after hours. Please use this service for urgent medical concerns that you believe should not wait until routine office hours. You should expect to be able to speak directly with the on-call physician within 30 minutes or less of your call. In general, please use our patient portal or call during office hours for non-urgent concerns, including non-urgent prescription refills or administrative/scheduling questions. Through our patient portal, you may also send a message to your child's physician through direct messaging. Patient portal messaging is designed for non-urgent or chronic health concerns, and you may expect an electronic response from your child's physician within 24 hours. For any true medical emergencies, please call 911.
Major Pediatric Topics Include: