All Carolina Kids Pediatric patients 16 years and older and family members are welcome at the UNC COVID VACCINE CLINIC ON THE THIRD FLOOR OF OUR BUILDING. At this time, this is a WALK-IN CLINIC and can accomodate walk-in patients MONDAY-FRIDAY from 9 AM TO 4 PM.
NO CALL AHEAD OR APPOINTMENT IS NEEDED. However, if you received a first vaccine elsewhere, please follow up at the original site for your second dose.
2. For other options, please also check out the links below:
- Go to https://www.dukehealth.org and select “CoVID-19 Vaccine Updates” to add your name to a waitlist for a vaccine through the Duke system.
The North Carolina CoVID Vaccine Help Center is available 7 am to 7 pm at (888) 675-4567 to answer your questions also. We will plan on providing COVID vaccines in our office once more vaccines are approved for younger ages. Thank you!
- last updated 4/30/2021 at 9 am
COVID-19 Pandemic Protocols:
(1) Morning Acute Care Clinic: This still differs from our pre-pandemic walk-in hour in several ways: if you have an acute or urgent care concern in the morning, please come to our office at 8:30 am but stay in your car. Please call our office after 8:30 am (but before 9 am) and we will check you in by phone. We will then instruct you to come to our side door and take you directly to an exam room - no crowding or waiting in the waiting room. We will see you on a "first come, first served" basis during the first hour of the day. Of course, if you would like to schedule a morning acute visit with a specific doctor at a specfic time, you can still do this also.
(2) Sick and Well Appointments: We continue to see few sick children thanks to social distancing. We are scheduling patients so that all well visits are scheduled between 9:30 am and 4 pm. Entrance and exit from the clinic for sick and well visits continue to occur by separate routes. We clean rooms frequently between patients, and we use personal protective equipment for all visits.
(3) Face masks: We require that adults and children 3 years and older wear cloth face coverings or face masks while in our office. Children 2 years old and younger should not wear face masks.
(4) Telemedicine: We are offering telemedicine consultations for certain conditions. Carolina Kids Pediatrics doctors will perform all of our telemedicine visits. Click the "Now Offering Virtual Telemedicine" link right under our listed office hours in the blue space above for more information.
(5) Modified sick hours: Sick visits will be conducted at the beginning and end of our clinic day, and in rooms not used for well visits. We have added additional HEPA air filtration in all exam rooms. We offer a "curbside check-in" option to avoid waiting at our registration desk.
(6) Prenatal classes: Our prenatal classes have appropriate social distancing measures in place. Please wear a cloth face covering when attending prenatal classes, and please do not attend if you are sick. You still have the option of scheduling individual prenatal consultation or "virtual" prenatal consultations via telemedicine also.
(7) Testing: If CoVID-19 testing is needed, we can perform this at Carolina Kids. Two types of testing are available:
a. Rapid CoVID testing results are available within 15 minutes (performed in our office)
b. More sensitive PCR-based testing is sent to an outside laboratory and results will not be available the same day
(8) CoVID-19 Vaccination: For patients 16 years and older, please see the section above regarding options for vaccination. We strongly encourage all patients 16 years and older to be vaccinated. You should not receive any other vaccinations within 14 days of your CoVID-19 vaccine.
***Check our FACEBOOK page and this site for updates. THANK YOU for your patience and understanding! ***
To help you get acquainted with our practice, we have provided the important information you need on our website. Please browse these pages to learn more about our pediatricians, our services, our philosophy, office hours, contact information, prenatal class information and patient forms. You may also use this website to access your child’s medical information and clinical visit summaries via our patient portal. Links from this site can provide you with expert and up to date medical advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics and other professional organizations.
When you call Carolina Kids during our office hours, we pledge that you will always speak with one of our professional and courteous staff members from the moment you finish dialing – no automated phone trees. When you call Carolina Kids after office hours, you will always receive a rapid and professional response from one of our pediatricians or a pediatric nurse. So please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns!
Meet our friendly, experienced Carolina Kids pediatricians and staff! All our pediatricians are fellows of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and maintain the highest level of accreditation in pediatrics. We pride ourselves in being an exceptional clinic where children come first, and where physicians still take the time to treat every child with the individual attention with which we would want our own children to be treated.
Direct Provider After-Hours Access
We are pleased to provide you with direct access to our on-call physician when the office is closed. In order to reach our on-call physician when the office is closed, just call our main office number at (919) 881-9009. You will be able to access our on-call physician directly after hours. Please use this service for urgent medical concerns that you believe should not wait until routine office hours. You should expect to be able to speak directly with the on-call physician within 30 minutes or less of your call. In general, please use our patient portal or call during office hours for non-urgent concerns, including non-urgent prescription refills or administrative/scheduling questions. Through our patient portal, you may also send a message to your child's physician through direct messaging. Patient portal messaging is designed for non-urgent or chronic health concerns, and you may expect an electronic response from your child's physician within 24 hours. For any true medical emergencies, please call 911.
Major Pediatric Topics Include: