Portal Upgrade Information:
Carolina Kids Pediatrics has implemented a major patient portal upgrade! Our new patient portal is available through a platform called Intelichart, which has a much more user-friendly interface and will have a number of new features. We have DE-ACTIVATED our current portal next which was due to be decomissioned by the vendor. Over the following couple of weeks, we will be sending e-mails to all our patients with links to activate their new Intelichart portal account. Please bear with us – because there are thousands of you out there, it will take a couple of weeks to get links sent to all of you. We expect that it will take several weeks for information from the old portal to migrate to the new portal.
Once you do receive your Intelichart portal registration e-mail, please read the instructions in the e-mail carefully and watch the video link for a quick orientation to the new portal. Please check out our November 20 Facebook post or watch this video now.
You can expect the following upgrades to come online in the new portal over the next few weeks:
1.You will now be able to send attachments to messages you send us through the portal. That means you can send forms, documents, or anything else you might need us to look at. We will also be able to send you attachments. These attachments will be encrypted and secure.
2.Medication refill requests will be easier and more streamlined.
3.You will be able to schedule well visits electronically through the new portal (we plan to activate this feature early in 2021 once we get everyone registered, so it won’t be visible to you right away).
4. Once data migrates from our old portal (which we expect will take a few weeks), your child’s medical records, growth charts, lab results, and all other pertinent medical information will appear in a more streamlined and user friendly format on the new portal.
Already set up? Click here to log in now!
- last updated 11/23/2020 at 3:25 pm
Remaining Flu Vaccine Clinics:
Wednesday, December 2: 1:30 pm - 4 pm
Friday, December 4: 1:30 pm - 4 pm
Friday, December 11: 1:30 pm - 4 pm
Friday, December 18: 1:30 pm - 4 pm
Wednesday, December 23: 1:30 pm - 4 pm
Due to the pandemic, we are ONLY offering flu vaccine clinic appointments during our well hours between 9:30 am and 4 pm on weekdays. During these times, no sick visits are seen in our office. We will administer flu vaccines in our waiting room just inside our front door or other "well only" areas of our office. You will be instructed to use our "curbside check-in" procedures so you can wait in your vehicle until we are ready for you. Thank you!
- last updated 11/28/2020 at 10:30 am
Coronavirus Pandemic Updates:
(1) Sick and Well Appointments: We continue to see few sick children thanks to social distancing. We are scheduling patients so that ALL well visits are scheduled between 9:30 am and 4 pm. NO sick visits (except for emergencies) will be scheduled during this time and ALL well visits will take place in rooms that are NOT used for any sick patients. Entrance and exit from the clinic for sick and well visits will continue to occur by separate routes. We clean rooms frequently between patients, and we use personal protective equipment for all visits.
(2) Face masks: We require that adults and children 3 years and older wear cloth face coverings or face masks while in our office. Children 2 years old and younger should not wear face masks.
(3) Telemedicine: We are offering telemedicine consultations for certain conditions. One of our Carolina Kids Pediatrics doctors will perform all of our telemedicine visits. Click the "Now Offering Virtual Telemedicine" link right under our listed office hours in the blue space above for information on registering and video tutorials.
(4) Modified sick hours: During the pandemic, we are not offering sick walk-in times in order to avoid congregation in the waiting room. If your child is sick and needs to be seen, please call our office for an appointment. Sick visits will be conducted at the beginning and end of our clinic day, and in rooms not used for well visits. We have added additional HEPA air filtration in all exam rooms. We offer a "curbside check-in" option to avoid waiting at our registration desk.
(5) Prenatal classes: Our prenatal classes have appropriate social distancing measures in place. We are limiting attendance to 10 participants or less. Please wear a cloth face covering when attending prenatal classes, and please do not attend if you are sick. You still have the option of scheduling individual prenatal consultation or "virtual" prenatal consultations via telemedicine also.
(5) Testing: Children with fever, cough or other significant signs of illness who may have possible CoVID-19 should be isolated from the public for at least 10 days from symptom onset and at least one day after improvement of symptoms. If we believe testing for CoVID-19 is needed, we can do this at Carolina Kids. Time before results are available varies based on the number of tests processed by our laboratory partners All patients tested should be quarantined at home until results are available. We do not recommend routine use of CoVID-19 antibody testing in children at this time.
(6) Family members: Whenever possible, we request that only one adult and no siblings accompany children to their appointments at Carolina Kids Pediatrics.
***Check our FACEBOOK page and this site for updates. THANK YOU for your patience and understanding! ***
Reliable Sources for CoVID-19 Updates:
(1) North Carolina:
(2) CoVID-19 and Children:
To help you get acquainted with our practice, we have provided the important information you need on our website. Please browse these pages to learn more about our pediatricians, our services, our philosophy, office hours, contact information, prenatal class information and patient forms. You may also use this website to access your child’s medical information and clinical visit summaries via our patient portal. Links from this site can provide you with expert and up to date medical advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics and other professional organizations.
When you call Carolina Kids during our office hours, we pledge that you will always speak with one of our professional and courteous staff members from the moment you finish dialing – no automated phone trees. When you call Carolina Kids after office hours, you will always receive a rapid and professional response from one of our pediatricians or a pediatric nurse. So please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns!
Meet our friendly, experienced Carolina Kids pediatricians and staff! All our pediatricians are fellows of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and maintain the highest level of accreditation in pediatrics. We pride ourselves in being an exceptional clinic where children come first, and where physicians still take the time to treat every child with the individual attention with which we would want our own children to be treated.
Direct Provider After-Hours Access
We are pleased to provide you with direct access to our on-call physician when the office is closed. In order to reach our on-call physician when the office is closed, just call our main office number at (919) 881-9009. You will be able to access our on-call physician directly after hours. Please use this service for urgent medical concerns that you believe should not wait until routine office hours. You should expect to be able to speak directly with the on-call physician within 30 minutes or less of your call. In general, please use our patient portal or call during office hours for non-urgent concerns, including non-urgent prescription refills or administrative/scheduling questions. Through our patient portal, you may also send a message to your child's physician through direct messaging. Patient portal messaging is designed for non-urgent or chronic health concerns, and you may expect an electronic response from your child's physician within 24 hours. For any true medical emergencies, please call 911.
Major Pediatric Topics Include: